It's kind of a big deal! This certification program by the American Association of Feline Practitioners is a global initiative to elevate the care that cats and their owners receive from their clinic. With rigorous standards, becoming a certified Feline Friendly Cat Practice® was no small feat. We are so proud of the TLC Cat Clinic Crew for all their efforts and we are excited to provide you and your cats a Feline Friendly Cat Practice® experience!
Here is what it means for you and your feline family
- Our entire staff has passed the test on best practices for handling your feline family. Going to the doctor can be scary for anyone, and anything that can be done to make the experience gentler and more respectful can help make your trip more pleasant. TLC Cat Clinic staff will always go above and beyond for the comfort of your cat.
- Our clinic premises has been optimized for cat comfort. Everything from the waiting room to the exam room has your cat in mind.
- We are dedicated to helping you have access to the best information about your cat’s health. Behavior, nutrition, environmental enrichment, zoonotic diseases, parasite prevention, and healthy scratching behaviors are all topics we are certified to help you with!
- We follow the advice of the Feline Practitioners of America and Cat Friendly Practice® certification on feline preventative healthcare by life stages. This means that for healthy cats, we recommend one check-up per year. For cats with chronic conditions or those entering their senior years, we recommend twice-yearly visits. All recommendations are individualized to each patient based on the stage of life they are in, their lifestyle, and their health concerns. We follow AAFP guidelines for feline vaccination schedules.
- We are dedicated to continuing education on feline medicine as new ways of caring for our feline families come to light.
- We are committed to being acutely aware of the signs of stress in cats that may occur during hospitalization. We recognize that along with health, the emotional status of each patient should also be considered when developing treatment plans.
- We are committed to healthy cat mouths! Dentistry is an aspect of cat health that often goes neglected. As a Cat Friendly Practice®, we know that a healthy mouth is crucial to the overall wellness of our patients, and we offer dentistry services and dental radiographs.
- Cats can be quite good at masking their pain. We are highly trained in recognizing signs of pain and making pain management a priority. In non-feline only practices, pain in cats typically goes unrecognized and untreated.
- Our equipment and the procedure rooms have been evaluated and meet the standards of the highest quality of cat care.
While we have always put fantastic feline care at the forefront of our clinic, becoming certified means that you can rest assured that we are backed by the global authority on cat health and best practices for care. If you would like to learn more about Cat-Friendly Certification, please visit the Cat Friendly Website. We hope you will join us in celebrating this accomplishment!